Ten Easy Ways to Live a "Greener" Lifestyle:
1. Recycle your waste.
2. Buy locally produced goods and services. Goods and services that are produced locally eliminate thousands of pounds of carbon by reducing fossil fuel transportation demands.
3. Bring your own mug to your favorite coffee shop. This will reduce the usage of the paper cups, the energy used to produce them and save trees. Paper cups are usually not 100% recycled.
4. Only use your dryer, dishwasher and washing machine when you have a full load, don't do half loads. This reduces the number of loads and the electricity used.
5. Buy in season produce. Out of season requires more energy to refrigerate, and more fuel to ship in from places where it is in season.
6. Use passive solar heating to capture heat in your home by opening the curtains during the day and closing them at dusk. In summer, close your curtains during the heat of the day. Besides carbon, you'll save 25-75% on your heating and cooling bill.
7. Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
8. Plant a tree - this is one of the best things you can do. Trees breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out oxygen. They also shade your house in the summer, and will lower your air conditioning.
9. Whenever possible walk, cycle or use public transport to get around rather than driving in your car.
10. Use reusable bags for grocery shopping.